Wednesday 21 September 2005

Recharge 05

Wow what an amazing weekend. Coming off a week in Melbourne, taking in so much about all the churches and ministries I was really ready to get into the Recharge meetings and enjoy spending time with 500 other young adults.

Michael Knight, the speaker, spoke from Psalm 139. He gave us some great ideas on how to become a Christ soaked Christian, and how to steer clear from becoming self aborbed. I must admit I really warmed to Michael's way of communicating, and got so much out of his messages (I wish I'd taken more notes).

The music was fantastic, Andrew Sercombe led. Andrew has recently been in London working with Soul Survivor, but is originally from Brisbane, and I've had the privlidge of playing with him before. He truely has a gift for leading people in worship through music. There's nothing over the top, no emotional hype, but exceptional music skills and real heart felt honestly. I don't know exactly what it was, but the music this year really encouraged me to open up to God, to let him search me, and worship him purely. Leading from that was an openness for me to be honest with myself, and in turn worship God in my whole life... Some of the words to the songs impacted me deeply, and gave me a bit of an idea of what heaven is going to 'sound' like
  • Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name
  • Hallilujah to the king of kings, hallilujah to the Lord of Lords, hallilujah to the one who sets me free
  • Great is our God, sing with me, how great is our God, and all the world will see how great, how great is our God.
  • Surrouded by your glory, how will my heart feel. Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still. Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall. Will I sing hallilujah- will I be able to speak at all. I can only Imagine.

Won't it be awesome to one day stand and sing those words to our King?

What would Recharge be without a bushdance, the Christian young adults substitute for speed dating. Grab a girl, swing her around and pass her off to the next guy, remembering the one's you'll have to 'catch up with' later... :-P

Saturday night produced some excellent tallent in the cafe. The highlight was definitely the Renegade Mavericks of Death with their signature version of Brittany Spear's Oh Baby Baby. However Saturday afternoon sport was a personal low for the weekend. Playing ultimate frisbee I miss judged a catch and snapped my pinkie on my right hand against another players chest. X-rays on Monday proved I'd broken my finger so I'm living in a bit of pain at the moment.

All things aside though it was an awesome weekend, I got the chance to catch up with a heap of really good friends, and have really good chats with some of the people that were on the Melbourne tour last week.

To top it all off, Sunday night was a WEC Cafe where I heard all about Patty Van Twest's last 2 years in Sri Lanka. I love hearing the stories of missionaries, especially when they are good friends.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons