Friday 11 November 2005

The Saga Continues

A day on… I didn’t get through to the service manager yesterday, work was too busy and I just didn’t get a chance to call.

But you would never believe what happened today. The car stopped again!! I went out for lunch, I had to duck down to the Christian book shop to pick some stuff up for my mother, and when I got back I had to unload some computer equipment from the boot. So I pulled up into the loading dock at RACQ and turned my car off. After I had unloaded the computers I couldn’t start my car.

So I had another visit from an RACQ patrolman (gee I’m glad I get RACQ membership for free!), who tells me it looks like the ignition module. Which is what Brian Byrt swapped on Monday!

After the car cools down it starts. The patrolman things there is a temp issue with the ignition module and coil. So when the car is hot it doesn’t create spark (yep sure, I’m a computer guy not a mechanic so I’ll believe him), when the car’s cold it will start ok.

So I call Brian Byrt, and speak to the manager. Talking through all the issues of the last couple of days, he books me in again for tomorrow. And said we’ll ‘discuss’ the $200 I’m down. (I don’t know what that means).

But at least the car is back under that warranty contract because it seems more work is required.

Also a bit of good news from the warranty people, I can take my car to another of their approved repairers for future servicing and work, because at present I am not too impressed with Brian Byrt service!

So tomorrow is another d-day, we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons