Monday 30 July 2007

Speaking of Coffee...

I've learnt a heap about true fresh coffee from reading "Cafe Grendel" over the last year or so.

All this time I've been reading about some of the amazing coffee roasters in WA. I've been thinking how much I'd love to try some of this stuff.

Well I was poking around on the Net the other day and noticed Five Senses Coffee have online ordering. So seeing as though I've heard Grendel rave about their coffee, and also about his favourite cafe Epic Expresso... I decided to order myself a bag of Epic Blend Five Senses Coffee.

It arrived the other day and WOW!!! It's just a cut above everything I've had roasted here in Qld. Maybe it was just anticipation, maybe it's all in the mind, but even my work mates have commented on the different aroma this coffee fills our office with.

I think the key is how fresh this stuff actually is. Grendel's mentioned that fresh coffee lets of Co2, and I'm noticing this even in my plunger as tiny bubbles form of the surface while I'm brewing the coffee.

I don't think I can afford to continue a constant shipment of Five Senses Coffee for my work supply, but I think every now and then I'm going to have to treat myself, just to try some of the other blends and single origin beans!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons