Monday 24 September 2007

Refreshed, and Recharged...

I'll do some more thinking and blogging about the studies later... but just a wrap up of my weekend...

I took Friday off and headed down the coast to lie on the beach and have a swim. Work's been real tough these past weeks and I just needed some alone time to chill out for a while. Burleigh was great, a bit windy to lie on the beach too long - but that was good cause I didn't get sunburnt :-P... The surf was pretty good, the blowy conditions were whipping up about 1m - 1.5m swells, which though coming in a little choppy were ok for body surfing.

After that I met an old friend Liz for coffee - so I'd had my alone time and was then able to enjoy a good coffee and a good chat with someone totally unconnected to any of the worries I'd had over the last few weeks - it was great!

I then headed up Mt Tamborine for Recharge 07. I actually went up the mountain a way I never have before (by mistake it seems), it was very steep, and windy... not as much fun as the usual way from home, but more fun than the normal Gold Coast road up the mountain.

Recharge was fantastic, 3 days of good times. The main speaker, Rob Coyle was excellent, and I got a lot out of his messages... the electives were really informative and mind-streatching, and I had a great time catching up and spending time with people I haven't for a while, and also meeting some awesome new friends.

I've come home feeling really refreshed from my day off, inspired by the teaching, and recharged by the time with friends new and old.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons