Wednesday 23 January 2008

Heath Ledger dead in New York

Just as I was about to get to work this morning, all the Radio chatter suddenly turned to news of Heath Ledger's death in New York.

Reading the news it seems an apparent overdose. I guess nearly everyone will jump on the news of such a famous Aussie's death, and other's will say he's no different to anyone else why make it such big news.

It will get over sensationalised, but I think the thing to remember is that a life has ended, probably before it needed to - and that's a real sad thing.

The other point is that the so called image of having it all - fame, money, movie star status - is a farce. Heath's marriage had just broken down and now it's all ended in tragedy.

I'm feeling a little down today after hearing the news, mainly because of those things above - not cause I feel I know him, or feel some inadvertent connection with him - just that it's a public exposure to the horrors of living a life without Christ's love being the guiding force. It doesn't matter how much money or fame you have - "a life without Christ is a life that is never fixed" (to quote KJ-52).

Plus I thought Heath was the perfect choice to play the Joker in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. I love the new Batman movie series and was really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons