Wednesday 2 January 2008

Lord of The Rings

As a bit of a chill out in this new year I've started re-reading the Lord of The Rings series. I have one of those paperback 3-books-in-1 volumes so means I just start at the begining and read through the Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers and Return of the King all in one hit.

I love the books (read them initially after seeing the Fellowship of the Ring in the movies and then re-read the series while I was in The Gambia in 2004), and am finding delving back into the world of Middle Earth a good downtime seeing as though I haven't taken any holidays during this summer period.

The deepness of the writing, the analogies and metaphores not only consume me into this fantasy world, but make me question and ponder our world, it's current state and the faith we put our trust in.

I've never been a big fantasy buff, but LOTR has a unique quality of feeling a direct link back to the real world. J.R.RTolkien wrote a true masterpiece, and I'm looking forward to learning new things as I get round to reading the series for a 3rd time.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons