Friday 16 May 2008

HOT!

Note to self: What not to do with your coffee.

This afternoon I stood up to hand something to a workmate over the partition, and as I sat back down I tipped over my coffee plunger... thinking only about my precious plunger I made a drastic effort to catch it before it smashed, only to tip hot coffee all over my lap and down my leg.

I'm a tad burnt on my waist, but luckily I was wearing jeans, not dress pants (casual Friday saves the day) so the coffee didn't make it through the denim to burn my leg.

I made a big mess though, the great bunch of guys I work with though made sure I was ok first, then helped me clean up - I ended up just coming home (happened around 3:30) cause I was so wet... and had some pretty sad looking stains on my brand new jeans...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!

... and spilling coffee, rather than drinking it, is just not a good thing.

I hope the burns heal soon.

Mark Edwards said...

two weeks ago I poured a cup all over the keyboard on my laptop.

It shut down immediately.
I opened the thing up, wiped it down as best I could, dried it off for about 5 hours.....

amazingly, I am typing on it now...with no discernible effects.

g said...

Yeah actually they're more resilient than you'd think... we use to take some of the older keyboards out the to loos and wash them out with really hot water...

leave them a few days and they'd continue working fine....

I however managed to let some of the coffee pour right down into a computer that was sitting under my desk... i'm hoping by tuesday it will have dried off enough to test safely.

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons