Thursday 26 June 2008

How much can 1 man do?

A lot if that man is also the Son of God...

My mate Geoff posted a blog over on Reflections Of A Snook, here's just part of it.

The Apostle John writes these closing words: [of the Gospel of John]
"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." (21:25)

If you think about that verse for a few seconds, it'll blow you away so much I wouldn't even have to write anything. Have a read from a different translation: "Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the world could not contain the books that would be written."

We've got plenty of amazing historical docs about what Jesus did. But John says he did so MANY things that if they were all written down…

Granted, the world is 'bigger' now. But even in the known world for John, that's a fair chunk of the Middle East and Asia.

That's a lot of books.

3 comments:

preacherman said...

Alot of books indeed.
It is wonderful that Jesus continues to do mircles even today. Do we see them or do we say things happen by chance or luck? Do we give him credit for what he does?
I have seen him work and when he works lives are changed. I have been thinking about writting a book about my mircle and what God has done in my life but just think of all the books that could be written. It is mind boggeling. Thanks Dean for sharing this with us. It made me think!

Bob Clark said...

The more I know Jesus, the more I am amazed.

Unknown said...

Cheers!

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons