Monday 28 July 2008

Another Take...

A few weeks ago I wrote about Why I Play Drums In Church. Well last night I experienced something a little different.

I sort of came from a different spot to play drums last night at church. I'd had a bit of a weird week and weekend, and was feeling a bit drained, and just sullen...

However playing the drums last night revitalised me big time. I know I wrote about drumming being my reflection of God's glory in my life, but last night I think God turned it around on me. He took my feelings of being a bit out of it, and through playing the drums he refocused me on living a life to bring glory to God.

It's not something I've really thought about before. But I really felt in the zone playing last night, and felt I played well. It came from feeling God work through me as I played, through relaxing as I played, and learning to focus back on God as I played.

I got a lot more out of playing last night than I have before... God teaching me through drums, an amazing thing.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons