Monday 1 September 2008

Made New Again.

A few months back now one of the guys at work had a crash in one of the company cars. It wasn't his fault, someone ran a red light and cleaned him up.

The Commodore was a wreck... my colleague was fine thankfully, but the car sure was a mess. Some photos of the car showed the damage, and looking at them I was pretty convinced our Commodore wagon was a right off.


Lucky the damage was all done in front of the driver's seat, but it sure looks like the engine, radiator and body has all been pushed across. Not worthy of repair.

However we actually got the car back just a month or so ago - the first day it was back I had a trip to Toowoomba and I was totally blown away by the car's transformation.


The car had been returned completely to its 'as new' state. I really didn't think it was possible.

Ever since I've been thinking about how God does the exact same thing with out lives. How often do I bring my life right to the state of that crashed Commodore... it looks like a total mess, unrepairable in my eyes, a point where I feel like I just keep screwing up so bad that I'm a write off.

Yet time and time again, God repairs my life, through the grace of Jesus my life is washed anew, my sin is cleaned away and forgiven. Like the Commodore I suddenly look like I did 'as new', sinless and free in the eyes of God.

Even when I crash my life again, God is able to repair it, because Jesus paid that ultimate price on the cross.

My mind continues to dwell on this amazing fact, not able to totally understand it, yet humbly accepting it as an amazing gift.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The difference with God is that he wouldn't have just repaired and renewed that Commodore, he would have turned it into a Ford. :)

g said...

Haha amen brother... maybe that's why I was so quick to write off the 'Dunnydore' myself - I was hoping they'd replace it with a Falcon!

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons