Saturday 6 September 2008

Sickness

Well missed my Thursday and Friday posts... I've been unwell. But it did give me another analogy and experience to think on.

I thought I was just getting a small bout of the flu, but then a tummy bug kicked in and I had a terrible day Thursday.

I slept most of the day, ate some toast and that was about it. I woke up Friday morning, tummy bug gone, but I had a hammering headache - felt totally normal except for the headache. I went to work, I took some panadole to ease the headache but it didn't work.

It was only when I got to work and filled the water bottle I usually drink during the day did I realise that all through Thursday, even though I was sick, I hadn't drunk any water. I drank that bottle of water very quickly, I hadn't realised how much I needed water until I started drinking.

I drank 3 bottles in a row.

Within 10 minutes my headache was gone... I'd simply been badly dehydrated. Giving my body what it needed (water) had solved all my problems.

It's like that with God too I think. We spend so much time doing our own thing, not listening to him, not reading the Bible that we start to get symptoms in our lives that we can't explain. We may try a heap of stuff to fix it (like I did with Panadol and coffee), but what we really need is the living water of Jesus.

Spending time in prayer, reading God's word, living a life in tune with the teachings of Jesus will be like the 3 bottles of water I drank... they'll fix you up straight away.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons