Wednesday 10 September 2008

You Can't Fix Everything

I've always been one of the Mr Fix-it kinda guys. I want to fix everything, not just physically, or mechanically, but also relationally and emotionally.

When I see someone hurting I want to fix it. I may not be able to, but I try.

However I've learnt something this week. Sometimes when it comes to relationships, friendships and just relating with people it doesn't matter what you do... it's not up to you to fix it. Even to the point that trying to do anything is only going to make it worse... not better.

I think there are times when you get to a point that you've done your bit - you've apologised, explained yourself or done whatever it is you needed to do. After that it is up to the other person to do their bit (even if that's just get over it).

I've had this experience this week - something is still not right, but I have to leave it where it is, it's no longer in my hands cause anything else I do will simply make it worse again.

It's hard and I'm struggling with it - I don't really know if I can just wait now... because I have no idea if it will ever be right.

Sometimes learning curves are painful.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons