Thursday 18 December 2008

I am the Little Drummer Boy

Loving Christmas and all the Christmas Carols, but listening to 96.5 the other day and a version of The Little Drummer Boy really stood out.

Obviously as a drummer I like the carol, but I really listened to the words and wow!

The second and third verses are what do it for me.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum 
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum 
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum 
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum
On my drum? 

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum 
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Me and my drum. 



I am so poor and unworthy, and when I play the drums many times I feel it is the only gift I can bring him.

So many times I sit back and think, I'll play my drum for him, I'll play my best for him!  

And the thought of him smiling at me, me and my drum...

That's wonderful!

1 comment:

Felicity said...

It's funny that you mention Little Drummer Boy. That song takes my memory back to very early primary school (year 1 or 2) and I had to sing it at a christmas production we did.

That song will always be a part of my memories. I think I heard it at the same time on the radio too!

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons