Wednesday 24 December 2008

Merry Christmas :-)


Christmas Eve... it seems to come around so quickly, but I love the change that Christmas gives us a real specific time to focus on God becoming a man.

Think about that, God - all powerful, all creating - becomes his creation!

The only way I can liken it is that as a kid I use to build huge Lego cities... I loved Lego, and I'd spend hours putting together buildings, cars, petrol stations, boats and trucks for my little Lego men to live in.

But what kind of jump would it be for me to step out of my human world and to become a Lego man, to live amongst them, confined to their world.  How would I feel suddenly only being able to move if a human put me into motion, or clicked me into a car seat (wonders how uncomfortable those bits of Lego would be plugging into the two holes in my butt :-P).

That's what God did in Jesus though.  A jump for us to Lego men is unthinkable, but that's a good example of what Jesus did.
"Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
- Philippians 2:6-11

I think that sums up Christmas - let's celebrate the fact God became man, to save us, and to redeem the entire world!

Merry Christmas to you all! God Bless, and if you haven't accepted that gift of forgiveness Jesus offers, really look at how much he loves you this Christmas.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons