Monday 19 January 2009

Gideon's Fleese Moment

I filled in on a mate's netball team tonight.  I use to play a lot about 5 years ago... but have only filled in once or twice in the last year.

We got thrashed... 48 - 15 or something like that.  In the last quarter everyone just wanted to go out and have a run.  Since I'd been running like a mad man all game they stuck me in GS (Goal Shooter for those playing along at home).

Now I'm in no way a even halfway decent shooter... quite simply I suck!  After my first dismal attempt at putting the ball through the hoop I kinda half heartedly whispered "God let me get one..." then laughing added; "let it be a bit of a confirmation I'm making the right choice with my plans this year".

I had 3 more shots on goal that quarter... I got the first one in, and missed the other too.

Now not looking into that too much, but one I give God the credit for having a sense of humour and humoring me... and two - it did actually make me feel a little bit more at ease.

Emotional drivel maybe... or maybe God was just giving me a pat on the back.

And maybe I should have asked him to let me score 40 points to give me a sign... then we'd have won!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons