Saturday 7 February 2009

An ending is a new beginning right?

Yesterday was my last day at work. I start college next Tuesday, and am surprised at the easy calm I've felt this entire migration period.  

The guys at work threw a fairly decent farewell yesterday, lots of time spent down at the local pub - and a big feed for a morning tea with two managers making speeches and saying nice things about me.  I dunno, I didn't think I'd done that much, but it seems people were sad to see me go - most understood that I'd eventually choose to go off and do some full time ministry work so I take that as encouragement that I was being a witness for Jesus there.

This morning I've woken up and I've got piles of stuff I've brought home off my desk - not sure what to do with it all, since I'm not going to a job where I'll have my own desk, but hanging on to most of it in some kind of sentimental way anyway.

But even with college starting, I think I'm going to have more time on my hands these days (well until the semester gets into full swing at least), so I'd love to hear from some people for a catch up  - I think the new beginning will be easier to dive into if I can spend a heap of time with friends!

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons