Wednesday 2 September 2009

10 Years

Just continuing thoughts from my school reunion last Saturday. The main thing that it made me realise was how much I had done these past 10 years, and how much of the stuff I'd planned to do while in high school I hadn't done.

At 17 I'd clearly seen myself married with at least one kid by the time I was 27, probably working a good job, maybe in Sydney or Melbourne (or somewhere overseas like London or Miami).

But now looking back, I can see that my life has been full of amazing things - even when looking at what other class mates have done I can't believe I've fitted so much into the last 10 years;

  • I.T Degree
  • 10 years of leading youth camps for WEC
  • 6 months of missionary work in Africa
  • Living in communities without power or water
  • Learning other languages
  • Playing in pub bands, bush bands, folk bands, rock bands and church bands
  • Working as an I.T Professional for a state-wide company
  • Experiencing business trips to Cairns, Townsville, Emerald, Rocky, Dalby, Kingaroy.
  • Running an entire online mobile office at Schoolies Week on the Gold Coast
  • Planning and managing multi-million dollar projects
  • Playing soccer at many levels
  • Preaching to youth and young adults
  • Doing chaplaincy work at racetracks and looking after some of Australia's biggest names in motorsport.
  • Working in the pits of Indy and V8Supercars
  • Beginning a second degree.
In essence I feel the last 10 years have been completing my place in God's plan, and that is the entire reason that my life feels so full and exciting.

Yet how much of this have I taken for granted? How much do I look at the plans I had when I was 17 and feel a little sorry I haven't quite made it there yet?

What have you done these past 10 years? Should you be looking at it from a different angle as well?


No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons