Friday 21 May 2010

Objectivity and Subjectivity of the Gospel.

“Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Cor 15:1-4 NASB).


The Gospel is objectively founded in the two facts, Christ died for sins, and He rose from the dead. By having faith in these objective truths one experiences many subjective truths, such as “I am forgiven” and “I am free”. These are truths known for the individual – that ‘I am free’ – as opposed to the objective facts which are universal truths regarding the entire population – Christ died for all sin. Yet even these subjective ideas have a firm known truth basis for “…[they have] been propositionally [sic] revealed to us in the Bible.”


No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons