Friday 24 September 2010

Friday Reflection: Trevor and Love.

Here's a post from May 2008.  It's an image I posted of a Trevor comic I read in the local newspaper.  I don't think the writer would have had any specific intent in his creation of this comic but I was left feeling amazed at the truth behind it. (You can read the original post here)


The cross continually blows my mind with the depth of love needed for Jesus (God himself) to be willing to take our place in the penalty for our sins.  I understand that a judicial system must carry out its given sentence.  I have no presumptions that I am inherently a good person, I know I willingly break God's laws and code all too often.  But the fact that even though I continually spit in God's face with my actions, he is still willing to pay for all the junk I do wrong just leaves me stumped.   How can he love me so much!?  Paradoxically I feel so unworthy of that love, yet because I have received that love, I feel of unmeasurable worth.

They're the thoughts this comic conjured up back in 2008, and still do... I am no less amazed, or grateful now than I was then!

John 4:10 "This is love, not that we love God but that he loved us and sent his Son as the atoning sacrifice for our sins."

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons