Friday 26 November 2010

Friday Reflection: God's Love

"Ever have one of those moments when you're totally washed with the love of God? Suddenly you are overwhelmingly aware of how much God loves you, how simple, yet deep and everlasting, that love is. You can be leading a hectic life, worrying about so many things, even dwelling on matters of faith when all of that is pushed aside as God turns up just to tell you He loves you.... and that's really all that matters."

--------------------------------------------------------------
That's a segment of a post I wrote in April 2008 (full post here) and I continue to find myself again and again completely knocked over by the fact God loves me.  The simplicity of it carries such a complexity when you understand how the holiness and justness of God meet together with his love.   I still lack so much understanding, but feel completely within the love of God, knowing I am his!

You can read about a specific time I was completely blown away by this in the original post, but in reflecting today I just wanted to mention that you can be completely drowned in God's love today, wherever you are.  You don't need a special prayer, or ritual. You don't have to be going to church, or doing good deeds.  Stop where you are right now and ask God to show you his love.  You will be amazed.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons