Tuesday 8 January 2013

Taking a look at the honour of doing what I do...

The thought often greets me, that this is how I get to spend my life. This is how I get to earn a living and support my family. This is how I get to use my mental and communicative gifts. This is what I get to research, memorize, and know. This is what I get to teach others. This is what I get to mentor others to teach to others. This is who I am. This is what I do. I am a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no higher honor and, other than my own salvation, no joy can compete...
I'll never have a personal audience with the President or be welcomed into the court of a king. I'll never be rich or internationally famous. But I am a spokesman for the King of kings and get to dispense his riches to the poor every day.
This fantastic article can be found over on The Gospel Coalition's website (specifically here) and it is a beautifully constructed insight into the proper lifestyle and focus of a Pastor. It is easy for me to forget that joy of being a spokesman for the King of Kings.  But just as easy for me to forget is the other side of the article.
My celebration must not cause me to forget my need. If I pay attention, ministry will quickly reveal that what I'm called to give to others I also need. As I'm telling the old, old story to others, I must tell it over and over to myself.
I found great insight into a reminder of how important, personal, meaningful and exciting my call is from this article. I hope you find something as well.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons