Saturday 11 May 2013

Raising money for chaplaincy

Supporting the chaplaincy at Deception Bay State High School is one of the favourite parts of my job.  Next week I have organised a team of 10 to ride in the Spin Off event.

How it works? Teams will consist of 5 to 10 competitors who will ‘push the pedals to the max’ over a 30 minute period. The overall aim is to be the team who pedals the most kilometers. The kilometers pedaled by each team will be monitored and displayed on the big screen every five minutes during the event. Basically you go as hard as you can for a short period and jump off allowing one of your teammates to then jump on and go as hard as they can.

Regardless of how far we ride, the objective is to raise money for chaplaincy.  I have a ticket book of $5 receipts here, and am putting the call out to you to think about buying one (or more). No matter what part of the world you are in you can donate via electronic transfer.  Just look on the sidebar here for my personal Facebook badge, go to my profile and message me and I can give you details on how you can donate.

It's a great cause, because our three chaplains in d'Bay SHS are doing a great job!  And deserve our support.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons