I am going to stay with good friends Dan and Suzie Potter in Atlanta. Duzie come and help run TeenStreet each year so I am excited to go and see them on their home turf. After a week in Atlanta I am road tripping up to Nashville and then across to Gatlinburg up in the Great Smokey Mountains.
Then I'll fly to New York before driving down to Washington D.C. I will have about 4 nights in each place, doing the tourist thing through the days.
Some of the things I am looking forward to...
- Visiting some big American Churches (Passion City, with Louie Giglio in Atlanta; Redeemer Presbyterian, with Tim Keller in New York; and Capital Hill Baptist, with Mark Dever in Washington).
- Going to the Dukes of Hazard museum run by Ben 'Cooter' Jones from the TV series in Gatlinburg.
- Visiting the World Trade Centre memorial in New York
- Seeing the New York Rangers play the Boston Bruins on the ice of Madison Square Garden
- The Aviation Museum at the Smithsonian in Washington.