Wednesday 15 January 2014

Ageless ideas

Mark Dever ‏@MarkDever19m
‘When I look upon myself, I see nothing but emptiness & weakness; but when I look upon Christ, I see nothing but fullness & sufficiency.’ -Gouge


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
William Gouge lived during the English Reformation in the 1500's, but when I read Pastor Mark's tweet today I realised I was contemplating the exact same thought today.  The Christian faith is truly ageless... because it is The Truth for all humankind.  Forever humans have been sinful, weak and empty, and even before time God has been completely full and sufficient.

Though it is discouraging to realise my failures again and again, it can immediately be encouraging to know that Jesus has more than paid for them and I am completely safe within His grace.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons