Monday 2 June 2014

Where's your focus?

I was looking through some old photos and found this one.  Remembering when my nephew, Nathanael, was a bit younger he was totally amazed by my camera.  We were sitting in a park having lunch and I had my camera sitting on the table.  Nae found the remote control for the camera and I remember getting home and finding over 50 photos just like this one as he kept pressing the button and enjoying the clicking sound the camera was making.

I was pretty much oblivious to what was going on, engaging in conversations with others and not taking much notice of what Nathanael was up to.

I laughed so much when I found all the photos though... and made sure I kept and posted one to always remember a special day with this special guy. I'm glad that even at that time I was focused elsewhere, Nae was intently focused on capturing the moment - it makes a great photo!

It made me think that those times I may be focused elsewhere, Jesus is always intently reaching out to me.  His cross means that His life lives through me, the Holy Spirit lives in me - my life is Christ's and there is an element where it is constantly focused like my nephew is in this photo... I just need to remember to focus myself too... or come back to the focus of the cross no matter where I wander to.

His grace is enough to constantly draw back.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons