Tuesday 5 August 2014

The End of Pride

In this morning's speaking session here at Oxygen, Bryan Chapell was preaching from John 10 and Jesus saying "I am the Son of God".
"...do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
John 10:36-38
Jesus has also just said "I am the good shepherd" (John 10:11) and uses that analogy again to rebutt the grumblings of the crowd by showing them the amazing result of the truth of Him being the Son of God;
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”
John 10:27-30
This is what Bryan had to say
God gives His sheep to Jesus and Jesus gives His sheep the gift of eternal life. And the gift of eternal life is the end of pride.
The end of pride. Think about it. What more can you gain for yourself than eternal life? There is nothing, no material possession, no wealth or fame or influence, which can rate higher that earning eternal life.

But if eternal life is a gift, and not earnt, then what could possibly feed your pride? We have nothing we can do that will be any better than what Jesus has already given us, our pride ends as we look to the voice of the Good Shepherd... the Son of God.

And our pride must end because to receive eternal life we have to receive the greatest gift God could give to 5us; His Son. God was sent into the world, Jesus was given, and lay down His life (John10:15) so He could give us eternal life.

End your pride.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons