Friday 27 February 2015

Just useless

Somehow that's how I find myself left feeling... just useless. If I am honest it's something I must confess I feel a fair bit of the time.

I'm so glad that's not the end of it though... because the fact of the matter is I am pretty much useless if left to my own devices. That's why I need someone else.

That's why we all need someone else.

I was feeling a bit of a write off the other morning, my previous day hadn't gone to plan, I'd been very selfish when I'd meant to be proactive and servant-hearted.  I knew this day was to be spent looking at the Bible and meditating on God's Word, both for personal reflection and preparation for this week's sermon. But I felt useless, how could I have a horrid day like the one before and then expect to get up the next day and be all pastoral and Godly?

In making my breaky I just turned on a live stream of Christian music on my phone... I have no control over what songs play, but these were the first words I heard.
Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart
 
 Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
I had to stop... I had to bow... and as I listened and prayed through the rest of the song I did find my rest.
Where sin runs deep
Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You 
 
Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay
I am so thankful that though I am so dependent on someone else to keep things together, Jesus is more than capable of being my hope and stay.  If you feel like you're not coping, or just not doing a good job, turn once again to your one defense, you're righteousness and cry out to God; "How I need You!"

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons