Monday 4 April 2016

Psalm 22

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.
Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them.
To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
Psalm 22:1-5
This was read in church last night, and I was left reflecting on this idea that so often we focus on our feelings.  We feel lonely... we feel abandoned... we feel hurt... or in trouble, unrest or distress.  But God doesn't change.  God is always holy, always trustworthy, He is always the deliverer and rescuer.  He made us those promises through Jesus, and what Jesus did on the cross.

Maybe sometimes (like the psalmist did here) we simply need to take our eyes off our feelings, and put them on the actions of our unchanging God.

No comments:

Twitter Facebook Favorites

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons